How many times we have an important document and been unable to get a duplicate!
Seeking the duplicate copy of an ID can be very complex. But not in the case of aadhaar. If you have lost your aadhar card, you just need to ensure that you had included your phone number and email id while registering.
Keep your acknowledgement slip handy and the dedicated website will guide you through to get a duplicate one. A duplicate aadhaar card holds equal credibility as the original one.
Let us guide you through the simple steps of retrieving your lost aadhaar card:
- Go to https://uidai.gov.in/
- Under aadhaar enrollment, select retrieve UID/EID
- Select UID or EID on the new page you are taken.
- Enter your full name, email id or mobile number in designated boxes.
- Enter the security code.
- Click on send OTP.
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- Click on verify OTP tab.
- You will receive your aadhaar on your mobile number and/or email id.
- Download the aadhaar in PDF.
- It is password locked. Your pin code serves as the password. Enter your pin code as password.
- Take-out a print of your e-aadhaar. It is equally valid.
- If you wish to have a duplicate physical card, contact UIDAI through email email@example.com or toll-free number: 1947
Points to be noted:
- Always keep your acknowledgement slip safe. It can help you in getting aadhaar card anytime.
It can be real nightmare to lose your aadhaar. Now every organization demands your aadhaar card application. We have summarized the steps so that you can easily go to the UIDAI website and retrieve your lost aadhaar card. Hope you can help yourselves out with these suggestions.